We Are Cowboy Capital of Oregon | About Crooked River Roundup
2021 marks the re-ride of the 75th running of the Crooked River Roundup in Prineville—the Cowboy Capital of Oregon.
We’re proud to note that over the past five years, the CRR has raised and donated more than $75,000 to 35 local organizations. This is more than just a professional rodeo and pari-mutuel horse racing event; the CRR unites our community and affords us the tremendous privilege of investing in and donating to specific youth and central Oregon community programs such as the following.
- Boy Scouts of America
- CAN Cancer
- Central Oregon Pee Wee Rodeo Association
- Columbia River Circuit Crisis Fund
- Crook County High School Cheer
- Crook County High School Culinary Arts
- Crook County High School Dance Team
- Crook County High School Track and Field
- Crook County Little League
- Crook County NJROTC
- Crook County Rotary
- Eagles Lodge
- High Desert Dance Arts
- Oregon FFA Foundation
- St. Charles Foundation
- Tri County High School Rodeo Athletes
Did you know?
After WWII, using $320 and a lot of ambition, a group of local ranchers decided that Prineville needed a top-notch rodeo and decided to put one on. The effort was considered a financial success...garnering a whopping $850 in profit.