Special Feature at the Crooked River Roundup
June 22- 24 2023 ~ Sponsored by Bigfoot Beverages & Pepsi
Bareback: Brody Dent
Breakaway: Heath Powers, Callie Holmes, Cashlynn Earnest
Saddle Bronc: Cutter Marsh, Shane Scott
Team Roping: Callie Holmes & Jadon Snow, Jaxen Allen & Heath Powers, Cohen Earnest & Tiersyn Kafka
Barrel Racing: Callahan Neher, Teagan Cline, Eva Gow
Bull Riding: Jack Strong, Cutter Woollard
Bareback: Sean Mahoney, Kelin Abbas
Breakaway: Landon O’Malley, Levi Gregg, Colby Welle
Saddle Bronc: Brycen Martin, Justin England
Team Roping: Colby Welle & Levi Gregg, Landon O’Malley & Emmett Oliver, Triften Every & Matthew Silva
Barrel Racing: Bentli Shull, Emma Gregg, Tess Hill
Bull Riding: Casen Barkley, Ross McKinney
Breakaway: Paysen Green, Hadley Every, Triften Every
Saddle Bronc: tbd
Team Roping: Quinlynn Muller & Cade Muller, Paysen Green & Tyler Silva, Hadley Every & Robert Silva Jr.
Barrel Racing: Karsyn West, Riley Nonella, Blakely Every
Bull Riding: Parker Buchanan, Frankie Beam
Timed Events: Top nine contestants from each event with the most points in COPWRA standings within specified age groups combined (must be current COPWRA paid member to be eligible). Invited contestants will be based on the COPWRA standings after the May 14, 2023, rodeo. It is NOT the top 3 in each age group, it is NOT the top 9 in each age group event, it is the top 9 overall in event standings with the highest points for that event. COPWRA contestants will be invited from the following events: Barrels, Breakaway, and Team Roping. In case of a tie with point standings, a tie will be split on who had the fastest time in that event from May’s weekend rodeos.
Barrel Racing – Top 9 contestants from the Junior, Intermediate, and Senior age groups.
Breakaway Roping – Top 9 girls and/or boys from Intermediate and Senior age groups.
Team Roping – Top 9 headers and Top 9 heelers, girls and/or boys from Intermediate and Senior age groups will rope with other qualifiers at the Young Gun Special Feature during the Crooked River Roundup PRCA Rodeo performance. Team ropers will need to enter as a team, they get to pick their partners who are among the qualified list.
The timed events will be 3 from each event per night; so 9 contestants total per night between the three events, no short go Saturday night like rough stock. Barrels, team roping, breakaway, exact order, and draws will be available upon check-in at the office and listed on the rodeo performance day sheet. Roping events for Young Guns will be run out of the lane, same as the pro rodeo events. Timed events will follow the PRCA in each event.
Rough Stock Events: will be selected by the Crooked River Roundup Board & Oregon High School Rodeo and invited to compete in Thursday & Friday’s PRCA Rodeo Performance. Rough stock will start with Young Guns in each PRCA event.
Bareback & Saddle Bronc: 2 contestants per event Thursday, 2 contestants per event Friday, with short go of the top 2 per event coming back for their short go on Saturday night.
Bulls: 2 contestants per event Thursday, 2 contestants per event Friday, and 2 contestants per event Saturday.
- Contestants can be invited in more than one event
- Crooked River Roundup PRCA Rodeo Performances begin at 7:00 pm
- This special highlight of Young Guns will take place during the PRCA rodeo performances
- All contestants must be checked in at the PRCA rodeo office by 6:00 pm on the night of their performance and attend the mandatory meeting. It is the contestant’s responsibility to be ready to go when their name is called for their event.
- No Entry Fee
- Champion & Reserve Champions in each event will be crowned at Saturday's performance of the Young Gun feature. It would be great to have the champion present but not required.
Order of Events: Rodeo Begins at 7:00 pm
Tie Down Roping
Young Gun Bareback
Bareback Riding Breakaway Roping
Young Gun Breakaway
Young Gun Saddle Bronc
Young Gun Team Roping
Young Gun Barrels
Young Gun Bulls
Rough Stock Contestants
- Top 2 in each event from long go (Thurs & Friday) will come back in Saturday’s night performance.
- Saturday Night will be a clean slate, it is not an average, highest score of the night wins, if there is not a qualified ride then the winner will be based on the highest point ride from the long go.
Team Roping & Breakaway Roping Contestants
- Contestants will run their events out of the lane, like the PRCA contestants.
- It’s going to be fast-paced, so parents please have their horses ready and ropes tied on, be in the box when your name is announced.
- Breakaway Ropers you will need to bring your own tie-on string and make sure your rope has a flag or ribbon on the end of it! It will be PRCA rules, clean neck catches for qualified times